A thermostat is an important gadget needed it any apartment. It is used for heating or cooling the air and creating comfortable environment. There is no secret that all people are different – some like when it is cool while others prefer warmth all the year round. That is the question of a comfort bubble. There is no doubt that from time to time everyone would like the air around to be a bit warmer or chiller. That is not the question of oddity but the necessity for comfortable arrangements of working and living space. For example, you work in an office in a city that is far from your house. So you should wake up early in the morning, it is a bit chilly, so you may need the air to be heated a bit for making you comfortable. But after a long hot working day you come back home, the weather is sunny and your house has been heated under boiling sun. There is a possibility you may wish to chill the air by switching the air-cooler on. Due to the modern technologies now everybody has an opportunity to create the most comfortable living and working environment. The up-to-date devices are able to comply with any temperature and humidity needs of a human being.
Ritetemp thermostat is one of the best gadgets of its type helping to organize the air conditioning and heating systems. This device does not only create comfortable conditions for all habitants of your apartment but it also helps to save you money in energy bills. Nowadays it is easy to buy a Ritetemp thermostat from any online shop such as Amazon, for example. The Ritetemp thermostat can be easily and fast mounted and programmed. So in several hours after your lucky purchase you will be able to enjoy all advantages of the Ritetemp thermostat at your own place. It will operate as an air conditioner during hot summer days and as a heater on windy cold winter days. Don’t worry that you will need to get up in the middle of a night to change to temperature into the comfort one. The Ritetemp thermostat can be easily programmed and will switch on and off automatically according to the custom specifications. Of course there are various models of the thermostat with different features providing customers with the best options to choose according to the needs required. Below you can find full information concerning numerous advantages and some disadvantages of Ritetemp thermostats.
- A lucky owner of the Ritetemp thermostat will not need any additional devises or equipment for operating it. The thermostat can work together with the chilling and heating instruments or a heat pump. Therefore an owner of the Ritetemp thermostat should not be concerned about any additional incidental expenses caused by any non-compatible equipment.
- The Ritetemp thermostat is of high quality. Due to that fact it provides not one but four different application settings in line with the climate. Any owner of the Ritetemp thermostat can easily preset any of these programs and afterwards turn on the necessary program. Moreover due to the built in energy efficiency program you will save a lot of money. This energy efficiency program is available for all models and temperatures. Moreover any owner of the Ritetemp thermostat can easily adjust the setting of the thermostat any moment for the environment to be the most appropriate for an occasion or time. This means that the Ritetemp thermostat will not only make a comfortable environment in your apartment but will also save your money
- A Ritetemp thermostat possesses a large LC display for users to be able to read digits and numbers clearly. This is convenient as users won’t need to come up to the device at all times to see the numbers on the display.
- Such devices as thermostats should be maintained on a scheduled bases for long running. Sometimes users forget to service a thermostat and it needs cleaning or some other maintenance. Owners of the Ritetemp thermostat should not worry about forgetting about maintanence because this device is equipped with an air filer alert. It will notify when the cleaning is necessary or even in the case a thermostat should be replaced.
- Due to innovations and technology development various companies use fancy technologies in their devices. For example, touch screens that are so popular nowadays. This helps devices to be more attractive and easy-to-use for potential buyers. Unfortunately not every model of Ritetemp has such a feature.
- Buyers of Ritetemp thermostat will have no compatibility issues in general. Nevertheless this gadget fails to work with any heating system of 120-voltage or even a multi-stage heat pumps.
Design of RiteTemp Thermostat
There are a lot of models of RiteTemp programmable thermostats but all of them have the same basic design. Such thermostats have a screen on their front. From the screen users will read such information as the current room temperature, the set temperature, etc. These thermostats also have a mode switch so that users will be able to choose “Heat” or “Cool” as well as buttons to increase and decrease temperature. In some models there is a touch screen function which can be operated by a stylus or a finger.
Below you can find the list of Ritetemp thermostat models
- Ritetemp thermostats are presented with different models having their own series numbers. Generally there are the 8000 series and the 6000 series. These series have various models with different features that can provide customers with a wide choice of models that will satisfy all their requirements. Thermostat models vary in heating and cooling options, touch features, backlight options, LCDs as well as setting programs.
- Ritetemp thermostat 6022:
- Like all other models of Ritetemp thermostats, this model possesses an Energy-Star program which is highly recommended by EPA. This has been created to satisfy all needs of a user. Nevertheless if a customer needs to make some changes it is possible to make them.
- This model of the thermostat possesses cool and heal controls. In this model users will find a swing feature that will show the temperature difference between the On and Off positions. Owners of this thermostat model have also an opportunity to Lock any chosen settings so that no other person will be able to change them. The air filter feature of the thermostat controls and measures work of the furnace, moreover, it lets users know when replacement is necessary. When batteries have to be replaced the Low battery icon flashes. This thermostat model is compatible with all types of millivolt and 24VAC heating and cooling systems.
Ritetemp thermostat 6030 possesses a large touch screen LCD. Here users will find information concerning the current day, time, target temperature, room temperature as well as the thermostat mode. Owners of this thermostat model can operate it using a stylus or simply by a finger touch. Unfortunately the Ritetemp 6030 cannot be used together with line voltage systems. Nevertheless this thermostat may be used with all millivolt and 24VAC heating and cooling systems. Moreover it can operate together with a zoned hot water – motor valve. This model possesses the low battery alert function, swing between the On and Off positions, lock functions, as well as air filter alert function just like Ritetemp thermostat 6022.
The next observed model is Ritetemp thermostat 6036. It belongs to the 6000 series and possesses a touch screen LCD for a user to be able to adjust the temperature according to any needs. This model of the thermostat can work with 24AVC and all millivolt heating and cooling systems. Unfortunately it will not work with line voltage systems. This model also possesses the low battery alert function, swing between the On and Off positions, lock functions, as well as air filter alert function just like Ritetemp thermostat 6022.
This model of the thermostat can work with air conditioning and heating systems which use oil, electric or 24-volt gas. To make the matters worse this thermostat can work with all sorts of heat pumps and gas millivolt heating systems. Note that it cannot be used neither with 120 volts heating systems or multi-stage heat pumps. This up-to-date model of the thermostat can be programmed for up to four distinct programs per day. Due to a large LCD users will be able to get information concerning the set temperature, room temperature, day, time, room temperature.
The next model of the thermostat is one of the most modern ones. Ritetemp thermostat 8030c possesses a touch screen LCD with three different screens. They are a home screen (used for seeing what has appeared on the display), a menu screen (used for setting the time and day with the necessary temperature) and a program screen. This thermostat is energy-efficient due to the Swing function so a user can customize the system according to any special needs.
Here we have one of the most up-to-date thermostat models. This is Ritetemp thermostat 8035c. It has a comfortable touch screen LCD. There are two ways to use it – by a stylus or by a finger touch. This thermostat possesses three basic screens. They are a home screen (for showing the settings chosen) , a menu screen (for setting the day and time) and a program screen (for setting the desired temperature for a specific day and time). This model has lock settings, air filter and swing functions just like all other Ritetemp thermostat models.
This model has all the operation features of 8050c. This thermostat model can operate with heating and cooling systems just like Ritetemp thermostat 8050c. This modern digital gadget can be set to the necessary cold and heat temperature.
The next model observed is Ritetemp thermostat 8082. It possesses the same features for heating and cooling as Ritetemp thermostat 8050c and 8029B. It is possible to create up to four different programs (periods) per one day. Moreover it is also possible to use pre-set temperature programs or install your own ones. As this model is one of the latest ones, it has a touch screen LCD with backlight. Due to that users of this model receive the opportunity to see all the indications and readings clearly even in darkness. On the compliance LCD owners of the thermostat will see the following information: set temperature, room temperature, day and time. This model of thermostat is especially easy and comfortable to use as it possesses the remote function that can be used from 30ft distance.
All Ritetemp thermostats of the 8000 series have the same requirements concerning voltage and heating and cooling systems compliance. This model can be programmed for each particular day. To turn off this mode users will have just to press the Mode button. This modern model of the thermostat possesses the Lock feature so that the owner can make settings and prohibit making any changes to other family members and guests. This clever system will inform its user about a low battery (a special icon will flash). Note that in case you wish to keep all the set functions you have only thirty seconds to change the batteries and after that the thermostat will be reset.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What should I do to program the Ritetemp thermostat?
Setting programs for Ritetemp Thermostat:
The first variant
The Ritetemp company makes user-friendly thermostats. So it is very easy and fast to set necessary programs even if you do that for the first time. Nevertheless is you have any issues concerning how to set or change programs for your thermostat you can use the Ritetemp installation and operation guides. An owner of the thermostat can easily set the day and time as well as the necessary humidity and temperature levels. To make the settings a user should simply follow the given steps:
1. It is necessary to understand the purpose – why you are going to use the thermostat. So that you need to choose an option: heating or cooling the air in your room.
2. As soon as you have made your choice you should press the Program button and select the day. To choose the day needed you should keep on pressing the button.
3. The next step will be time setting. Here you should also keep on pressing the button until the settings will show the necessary time – whether it is morning, day, evening or night time.
4. Now we have come up to the most interesting and the most important section – we will set the temperature. There is nothing difficult as there are “+” and “-” buttons for high and low temperatures. Any of these buttons should be pressed together with the SET button so a user can choose the necessary temperature. If you need higher temperature you should press the “+” button and if you need the temperature to be lower you should press the “-” button.
5. As soon as you have coped with setting the desired temperature level you should press the Next button. Here you will receive the next time slot of the day for setting. As we have got an opportunity to make 4 different setting per day, the setting process will be repeated 4 times. This means you will set the program for the day time first. After that when you press the Next button you will make the setting for the evening time, after that for the night time and for morning, of course.
6. At first it may seem a bit difficult and wearily to make settings for 4 times per day seven days a week. Of course the producer of the thermostat has taken care of it. The gadget has the Copy option. This means that in case you wish to set the same temperature for Wednesday and Friday, for example, you should just copy the preset temperature settings from Wednesday to Friday. This does not mean that you should necessarily copy the settings for the whole day – you may copy settings of a separate time slot to another one.
The second variant
First, you should set the clock on your thermostat. For that you should press the “Set Clock” button once in order to choose the day of the week. After that you should press the left-arrow “Time” button or the right-arrow “Time” button in order to choose the day. After that you will have to do the same operation for choosing the time. The next step will be pressing the “Home” button to store your settings. If you wish to start the pre-set Energy-Star approved program, you should choose “Heat” or “Cool” with the Mode switch.
In case you would like to create your own program, you should press the “Program” button. After that press the “Day” button for choosing the day, then the “Next” button to choose the time slot you want to program. This thermostat provides you with the ability to choose such time slot options as “Morn,” “Day,” “Even” and “Night”. To choose the necessary temperature you should press the “+”or “-” button until you see the desired temperature level.
Press the +/- buttons until the display shows you the preferred temperature for a chosen time slot. It is possible to change the time for that particular time slot by pressing the left-arrow “Time” button (it will move the time back) or the right-arrow “Time” button (it will move the time forward).
For moving to the next time slot you should press the “Next” button and repeat all the steps mentioned above. So you can program each time slot separately. For programming each day you should press the “Day” button and repeat all the above steps. In order to copy the program to another day you should just press the “Copy” button. You should press the “Day” button for moving to the day you would like to copy to the program. To confirm and save the changes you should press the “Copy” button once gain. In case you do not want to copy you should press the “Home” button to exit without changes.
- Where to receive the operation guide for Ritetemp thermostat?
Ritetemp thermostats are sold with detailed installation guide. So that owners of a thermostat will have no issues in mounting their new device. In the manual you will find detailed information concerning installation as well as the safety measures what should be kept up during installation. In the manual you will also find comprehensive information as for tools and accessories needed for installation. So that you will have no surprises if you check the list before beginning the installation.
3. Ritetemp thermostat installation guideline
The main item to follow is safety measures to be taken during mounting the device.
- First you should switch off the air conditioner or heating system where you are going to install the thermostat.
- Second you should turn off main electricity lines. Take note that they should be turned off during all the time of the mounting process.
- Use wires that comply with codes and instructions as this is important for your safety and the gadget quality.
- Make sure you do not across the electric terminals at the control on the furnace for testing the system. This is very important if you do not want to damage the thermostat.
- Take care of particular use of millivolt and volt AC systems. Limit your thermostat to 1.0 amps at max in order not to damage it.
- Where is the right place to install a thermostat?
- It is obligatory to locate your thermostat inside a house. Moreover it should be mounted at a minimum of 5 feet above the floor.
- Note that a thermostat should not face direct sunlight so you should choose the right wall and place for the device before starting to mount it. It is also important to note that there should be no unusual heating or cooling beside the thermostat, for example heat from gas pipes or hot water pipes, cooling conditions, a door or a window with good passing.
- Take into consideration that damp locations might result in corrosion. If you wish to prolong the thermostat working life you should avoid such locations as well.
- A place for mounting the thermostat should not be a corner that does not face any ventilation.
- Do not start mounting a thermostat before all decoration works are over. That means you have done all construction works for the wall with the paintings, wallpapers, and drillings.
- It is necessary to take off the existing old thermostat.
- How can I remove my old thermostat?
- Before you start mounting a new Ritetemp thermostat, it is necessary to remove the old one. First of all you should turn off the main electric supply power to the heating and cooling systems.
- Unscrew or uncover the old thermostat.
- It is recommended to label the terminals. Read instructions for removing those of the old thermostat.
- Make sure you have unscrewed the device entirely and there is no screw left. After that you can easily take the old thermostat off.
6. What should I do to reset my thermostat?
As a rule for resetting a thermostat at first you should turn off your device, remove batteries and wait for several minutes. After that you should put the batteries in and turn on the thermostat. After that the thermostat will be reset. But for Ritetemp thermostat you will not have to do that as this up-to-date gadget has the reset button. You do not have to switch the thermostat off or remove the batteries. Owners of Ritetemp thermostat have to uncover the device and press the Reset button. That is all, now your thermostat is reset and ready to be programmed again.
Special Day Programming
You can have your thermostat working when you need. It is possible to temporarily override your programmed schedule and regulate the temperature when you need it to be changed. Such override will automatically cancel and renew the normal programming.
How do you bypass a RiteTemp thermostat?
This is a helpful question for owners of Ritetemp thermostat 6022 5 . The Override function should the canceled automatically when the next set time period begins. If you need to make it manually you have two variants to override: 1) first you should move the mode switch to cold, and after that move it back to heat. 2) The second variant: press the Temp Hold button TWICE.
The device should be in the HEAT or COOL mode. After that you should press the MENU button, after that press the Temp Up/Temp Down arrows in order to adjust the temperature reading. CALIBRATE DISPLAY ON will appear.
Choose the TIME SLOT you want to program. In order to change the TIME SLOT (P1, P2, P3, P4) you should press the NEXT button. Choose the needed temperature for a TIME SLOT. For changing the temperature for that TIME SLOT you should press the TEMP UP/TEMP DOWN buttons.
The thermostat 8030C model needs batteries to operate a furnace and keep programming in memory. Move the MODE switch to OFF and the FAN switch to AUTO. After that you should remove the device from the wall turn it over and install 2 AA alkaline batteries.
To change thermostat to Fahrenheit you should press the TEMP UP and TEMP DOWN buttons for choosing the necessary temperature. The set temperature will be shown on the display. If you press no button the display will return to the current temperature in 5 sec. Centigrade / Fahrenheit selection.
How to find out your Ritetemp thermostat model:
In case you do not know the exact model of your Ritetemp thermostat you should pull the thermostat bottom away from the wall, after that the thermostat will pop off the mounting plate, showing a small sticker (in the very middle of plate)with the model number on the mounting plate. In order to mount the thermostat back you should seat the top of the thermostat onto the two tabs, after that you should press toward the wall on the bottom of the thermostat.
How to Program a Ritetemp Model 8050 Thermostat
1: Choose one of the 4 time slots for programming.
In the Ritetemp thermostat they are named as P1, P2, P3, P4. The first time slot P1 stands for the period when you wake up, the second P2 is the period when you go away for work, P3 is the time when you come back home, P4 is the period when you go to bed. In case you stay home for a whole day, you may prefer some time slots to be identical (for example P1, P2, and P3).
2: Open the front door of the Ritetemp thermostat.
For that you should pull it down from the top.
3: Steps for programming
In case you have several days that should have the same program, you can set the program for one day only and skip to Step 4.
Step 4: Copy the set program to other days
a. Press the PROGRAM button.
b. Press DAY> for choosing the “source” day (SU MO TU WE TH FR SA).
c. Press the COPY button.
d. Press DAY> several times for picking the necessary day (SU MO TU WE TH FR SA).
e. Press the COPY button once more for pasting the schedule to the chosen day.